RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, November 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Estonian Business and Innovation Agency, a joint organization to support entrepreneurship in Estonia and increase its international competitiveness, organized a trade mission to the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia for the food and beverage sector from November 20 to 24.
Seven Estonian companies joined the delegation, each wishing to export a natural and organic product:
- Reztartis produces a functional food rich in fiber and protein in the form of powdered shakes and bars.
- Roosiku Chocolate Factory produces vegan organic chocolates and chocolate nut spreads.
- Coffee People sources the highest quality coffee beans from around the world.
- Balsnack is the largest producer of potato chips in Estoniawith a portfolio of over 100 different products.
- Salvest has 76 years of experience producing over 300 delicious food products.
- Haage is bottled water from verified pure sources, such as deep underground reservoirs.
- Honest Nektar offers premium quality 100% raw honey from carefully selected traceable beekeepers.
The Center of Food and Fermentation Technologies, an R&D company that uses modern analytical methods, systems biology and synthetic biology principles to develop and introduce innovative food and fermentation technologies, also joined the group.
From Riyadh on November 20 for two days, companies expanded their network by meeting with F&B outlets and markets to build business relationships. Director of the Saudi Food and Drug Authority, Hisham Al Jadheybriefed the delegation on Saudi Arabia’s import regulations (organic, vegan, halal), certifications, fees, labeling and shelf life requirements.
The delegation also visited a number of companies during their stay, including Crystal Events & Catering Co., Nutrition & Diet Center Co, Panda Hypermarket, Tamimi Markets, Market ManualForsan and organic store.
On November 23, Estonian companies visited dubai, where they visited the Dubai Municipality Food Safety Department. They also visited Spinneys, Lulu Hypermarket, Organic Food & Café, International Culinary Arts Centre, Trubell Marketing & Trading, SAFCO International and Let’s Organic Market.
Through visits to both Riyadh and dubaithe delegation sought to penetrate the Middle East market to establish valuable relationships with regional companies and increase Estonia international competitiveness, visibility and attractiveness as a place of business, life and study.
M: +971 (05)0 583 9330
E : [email protected]