Noted comedian and reducer Jay Leno was released from a Los Angeles hospital on Monday after suffering burns from a car fire, the hospital said in a statement.
Leno, 72, was admitted to the Grossman Burn Center in West Hills, California earlier this month after suffer burns from a sudden car fire in its private warehouse. the old Tonight’s show the host suffered “severe” injuries to his face, chest and hands, saying Variety it took him “a week or two” to get back on his feet after the incident. He spent a total of 10 days in the hospital.
“I am pleased with Jay’s progress and I am hopeful that he will make a full recovery,” Dr. Peter Grossman, Leno’s physician, said in a statement released by the Burn Center.
Leno will continue to receive follow-up care for his injuries at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic going forward.
The TV host worked on a 1907 White Model G steam car trying to unclog a fuel leak, causing fuel to spray onto the comedian’s face and hands, TMZ reports. A spark quickly ignited the fuel, causing the fire to start.
“Jay would like to let everyone know how grateful he is for the care he received and very much appreciates all the well wishes,” the hospital said in a statement. “He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.”
This content is imported from OpenWeb. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.