Porsche Icons is a meeting place for Porsche enthusiasts, families and a variety of international and local communities driven by a shared passion for classic cars, art, music, off-roading and thrilling experiences.
Up to 7,000 visitors attended the inaugural edition in 2021, including 1,000 Porsche cars on display, making it the largest gathering of Porsches ever held in the region. It included some of the most exciting highlights of the brand’s rich racing heritage, as well as rare classic road cars and design studies making their first-ever appearance at a public event outside Germany, the country original from Porsche.
From now on, the second edition promises an even larger gathering, the event reserving beautiful surprises for visitors.
The 17,000 square meter site will offer an exciting mix of experiences, continuing with the region’s largest display of classic Porsches, as well as installations of artwork from renowned artists, popular F&B vendors and exciting acts of entertainment.
Dr. Manfred Bräunl, Managing Director of Porsche Middle East and Africa FZE, is extremely enthusiastic about the second edition of Porsche Iconsespecially after the resounding success of the inaugural edition in 2021.
“Porsche Icons is a celebration of Porsche’s incredible heritage. Last year’s event was one of the most impressive car shows this region has ever seen, with over 200 classic Porsche sports cars in attendance,” says Dr Bräunl.
“The safari theme for this year’s event will provide many exciting moments and captivating experiences. Attendees can expect to see famous Porsche vehicles throughout our rich history, with pedigree and success off-road as well as on the racetrack.
“We plan to deliver a not-to-be-missed calendar event. It will be the ultimate platform to experience classic car nostalgia in connection with art, culture and community. However, it’s not just the classic cars that will wow the crowds.
This family event will feature several milestone celebrations, including 20 years of Porsche Cayenne, the brand’s first SUV model, and 50 years of Porsche Design. Porsche Icons is also to be a meeting place for Porsche Clubs from across the region as they celebrate the incredible 70 years of Porsche Clubs.
Porsche Museum cars at this year’s Icons of Porsche festival
While car enthusiasts will drool over classic Porsche lines, Porsche Icons also promises new attractions to reach a wider audience. This includes adding real and virtual driving experiences; an Esports Arena which will offer participants the opportunity to test their racing simulator skills in a Porsche against other competitors; and a special off-road course that provides an adventurous driving experience for passengers in Porsche Cayenne models. However, it’s not just the cars that will keep visitors entertained.
Something for everyone
Porsche Icons is also hosting a photography competition during the two-day gala, with contestants working on a succinct brief – capturing cars, community and car culture in one winning frame. The participants will be judged by a jury composed of René Staud and Florian Müller, who will shortlist the 10 best candidates. The lucky winner is featured on Porsche’s social media pages and wins an epic prize.
Porsche owners can also join the Classic Car Award, open to owners of classic Porsches, while F1 enthusiasts get the chance to meet and greet track heroes such as Mark Webber.
Children also have plenty to choose from at the event, from options to try out their pedal car driving skills and become members of the exclusive Porsche 4Kids club, to arts and crafts and various recreational activities.
Live entertainment from Dj Lituik, Walter Scalzone and Aleksandra Kristic complete a tantalizing itinerary for the 2-day spectacular.
Porsche Icons will be divided into five distinct themed areas for visitors to explore:
• Adventure Camp: An exploration of the adventurous and rebellious side of Porsche, attendees can expect a mix of off-road, land and rally exhibits, featuring famous racing cars from the museum, special modified cars and driving experiences.
• Community Village: a marketplace for anyone who is fascinated by car culture and wants to embrace the Porsche lifestyle. This merchandise hub features popular partner brands, a one-stop shop for Porsche merchandise, and activations that will give every visitor a piece of the festival to take home.
• Design Factory: a hub dedicated to the art of automotive construction and its influence on lifestyle. Showcasing Exclusive Manufaktur and Porsche Design, the area showcases the brand’s design process, its heritage and a variety of iconic sports cars built to perform and turn heads.
• Electric Field: A modern desert metropolis for all to experience the thrilling speed of Porsche cars in the game at the Esports Arena and be entertained with special facilities that show how Porsche shaped the world of pop culture in movies, digital art, and games.
• Art Valley: a gallery of unique works of art by renowned international and local artists inspired by Porsche. Here, visitors are guaranteed to be inspired and have the opportunity to get creative themselves.
Register to attend the two-day Porsche Icons Festival. It’s free, so don’t forget to register before it’s too late.
You can also follow and contribute to the #IconsofPorsche hashtag on social media.