Biconomy, a web3 development platform and toolkit that superpowers blockchain technology stackstoday announced the launch of a software development kit (SDK) to transform the way developers create easy-to-use decentralized applications (dApps).
Since 2019, Biconomy has been committed to the web3 infrastructure space by creating easy-to-integrate plug-and-play APIs for developers to scale their projects. The Biconomy SDK introduces time-saving steps for developers, such as reducing multi-step transactions to one-click interactions, easy-to-use smart contract wallets, and a convenient no-gas, no-chain experience for users.
As institutional and commercial adoption of cryptocurrencies and dApps grows, dApp developers can onboard more Web2 users by hiding the cogs behind complex on-chain transactions. This way, the majority of Web2 users can easily integrate and interact with dApps – play games, buy and trade NFTs and other digital assets – without in-depth knowledge of blockchain technology. dApps can save their users a lot of time and money.
“There’s no point building in web3 if no one can use your products. User onboarding and retention are critical to the growth of individual dApps and the crypto environment as a whole. Biconomy was built in thinking about the next billion web3 users and we fulfill this goal by meeting the needs of developers and users. From gasless transactions to one-click transactions, we ensure that engaging with web3 is second nature and also simple as signing your name.
– Ahmed Al-Balaghi, co-founder of Biconomy
The introduction of the Biconomy SDK opens up new opportunities. Developers can offer users handy UX perks like Web2-like secure social logins and account recovery.
One-click interactions for multi-step transactions. Grouping transactions eliminates the need for repeated authorizations. Gas-free and chain-free experiments. Convenient fee payments in ERC20 tokens and on fiat on-ramps and crypto or NFT credit card purchases.
Biconomy SDK brings blockchain-independent Web2-like experiences to your dApp in a non-custodial way.
Here’s what’s possible with the SDK today:
- Easy user onboarding – Social login, account creation and recovery to seamlessly onboard Web2 users.
- Fiat on ramp – Enable end users to easily and reliably buy/sell crypto within a dApp.
- Transactions without gas – dApps can sponsor gas fees to make user interactions as easy as Web2 transactions.
- Pay gas fee in ERC20 tokens – Users can use any ERC20 asset in their wallet to pay gas fees.
- Custom Transaction Grouping – Allow developers to create methods for performing transaction batches that allow users to perform multiple actions, even across multiple chains, in a single transaction (e.g. approval and deposit can be done in a single transaction without change nothing in dApp smart contracts).
- Cross-Chain Contract Calls and Asset Transfer – Coming soon, the Biconomy SDK will provide an asset cross-chain bridge and in-dApp contract calls to enable a chain-free experience for end users.
With its current API suite, Biconomy enables more than 50,000 transactions per day, with user gas fees being sponsored by dApps. It also allows users to pay fees in a token other than the blockchain one.
This has already onboarded over 2.8 million Web3 users, over 25 million transactions across 8 EVM channelsand integration with over 200 dApps, including dYdX, Perpetual Finance, Aavegotchi, Decentraland, Sandbox, Animoca Brands, and Zedrun.
For more information on the Biconomy SDK, see the document page.